Saturday 18 June 2011

English Name

My name is Yousuke.

Yousuke is popular name in Japan. But it seems little bit a 

difficult to pronounce for foreigner. I always teach them correct 
pronunciation. I was sometime thinking about my English name. 
Because some of my friends who didn't born at English-speaking 
countries have English name as a nickname.

I went to curry night few days ago. This event is hold every couple
of months with coworkers. It's good chance to meet other people.
In the event, surprised thing happened. One guy suddenly stood up
and said. “We present English name to Yousuke! it’s Charles!!”
It was so suddenly. Finally I got English name!! what a royal name!
I think probably half kidding. But It seemed I was greeted by them 

at MPC. I was really really happy.

I’m already called Charles from some people even client.
I’m wondering until when will my English name continue to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment